Thursday, August 27, 2009

Day one of Andy's "staycation" we packed up very spur-of-the-momentish and headed up the Uintahs to hike Bald Mountain. I was thinking we were headed to a nice little trail and a picnic in the woods. Wow. A little bit wrong there. But my girls headed up that extremely steep, loose rocky trail and were so excited [almost] the entire time. At one point Zoe sighs a huge sigh and says "I can't take it any more, Mommy." It took me a sec to realize she was quoting a movie, and not actually put out by the hike. Andy and I both got a touch of elevation sickness it went so high so fast. Once up there though, the view was fantastic. We were higher than Timpanogos! Crazy. (Hint: Never go on a this hike without licorice. We would have died without it. Max may have even gotten some...don't tell.)

Ella and Max. She thought it was funny the "Christmas" trees were so tiny. We explained it was because there was no air up there for them...or us!

Just a tiny glimpse of how steep the trail was.

The girls didn't make it quite to the top. We stopped on this ledge and Andy hurried up the last small steep climb that the rest of us had no desire to make. I'm counting this as close enough. Even Fez was beat.

2 comments:

Ruthie said...

Jealous of the awesome hike, but definitely not of the lack of oxygen! Awesome views!

The Balch Family said...

We used to hike Bald Mtn when I was a kid. I don't think we have one picture without at least one kid crying. You guys did awesome! You have such great kids! Fun!