Thursday, September 10, 2009

Firsts

Oh that bittersweet taste of the first day of school. Will I ever get used to it? Ella has started the first grade and is enjoying all the priveleges and respect that come with it, such as recess on the big kids playground, lunch in the cafeteria, and is at last given the most high honor of "homework." First grade!!! She's in class with her best friend, she gets to ride her bike to school, life couldn't be better. As she left that first day she ran into the school with absolute joy on her face and not a single look back....


She wasn't the only one headed to school this year. Zoe's first day of preschool was yesterday. My baby is so grown up! She picked out every item of clothing she wore and told me exactly how to do her hair ("Two piggy tails right here.") She later told me, "That teacher was so nice, I couldn't believe my eyes!" She left me standing on the doorstep of her preschool with that same 'I don't need you anymore' feeling that I had with Ella. No crying or cowering, she dove right in. It would be nice if they pretended they would miss me.




3 comments:

The Balch Family said...

I totally agree with you, my girls never looked back either. So sad! I guess it means they're well socialized.

Melissa said...

I have the opposite problem... I have to peel my kids off of me for everything. As cute as it is and as much as I secretly love it, it gets a little old after a while.

camille said...

I LOVE her (Zoe)...such an individual that knows what she wants. LOVE IT! and her outfit, it was cute!