Thursday, February 4, 2010

My Powder Babies

My kids are so lucky. They have a very a patient, loving dad who took each of them on separate daddy/daughter ski dates this week. And they are both so great at it. I've said it a million times to anyone who will listen, but they really are naturals. Even Zoe has such a wonderful time. The first time I went skiing I was 20 years old and can still get scared sometimes. I'm not horrible, but hey, in Utah, especially working in Park City, I might as well be a leper. So I am all about starting them young, before they get "the fear". And it works. I love that they love it. And I love Andy for taking them! Aren't they so cute?


Andy informed me, with a little chuckle, that Ella is now as good as I am. I should be offended. But I'm just proud.


Zoe with no edgie-wedgie! Yea!


Ella screamed at the bottom of a run, "This is the best day of my life!"

5 comments:

The Balch Family said...

So dang cute! You have awesome kids! I still have never been, and I had a season pass one year in high school. Chuck is disgusted. He wants me and the girls to take lessons, and I'm scared! You're smart to get them going early. Ella was cute this morning. She said she was checking out so I asked her why. She said her dad was taking her skiing. Then she looked nervous and goes, "Brielle, don't tell anyone. My dad doesn't want anyone to know!" so then Brielle swore Cole to secrecy. It was like a little first grade pact. Cute! Glad they had fun, and I'mpressed he took pics!

Ruthie said...

I'm right there with you! I was 19 when I first put on skis and I still remember my first attempt down the bunny hill. No one told me how to stop, so I'm picking up speed and screaming my way down the hill. My brother was riding the ski lift above me and kept shouting at me to sit down. Yeah, I'm not a big fan of skiing!

Your girls are too cute!

SabriIsabel said...

Hola Andy y Familia!!!Aca en Argentina estamos muertos de Calor!!!!!!Que lindo es verte!!!Tu Familia Hermosa!!!!!Saludos

camille said...

ahhh, you guys are leaving Caroline in the dust. I keep putting it off, saying maybe when she's 4,5,6. I didn't start until I was 7 so we have a few years, right??? How about this summer we get your girls up on WATER skis? I bet Ella could do it, or the knee board for sure!

Jackie Lewis said...

You do have a beautiful family. It's pretty obvious that Carol is very proud of all of you! She's more high-tech than you probably think!! My "Utah friend," as I affectionately call her, has introduced me to Facebook and now blogging!!! I think that she really just wants the world to know what a lovely, lively, and loving family she has. I can't blame her for being so proud. Just from the pictures she has forward to me I think she is absolutely, positively, correct. You all are delightful!