Sunday, April 14, 2013

Dia de Diabetes y Panajachel

We saw 30 patients real quick in the morning. 
Blood Sugars, BP checks, Foot checks, med handouts. I promise, we worked today. And then...

Chillin Poolside.
Sarah trying to make tortillas Guatemala style. They laughed.
Chillin in the jardines. Check out the top of the fountain!
Then a little trail run. I wanted to keep going and going. But I didn't. I was the only one on the trail without a machete. Or a 2 ton load of wood on my back!
This little dude just came up and put my glasses on his face while I Google chatted with mis padres in Provo. 
We started the next day by going to a bautismo! In the San Lucas chapel. Chatted with the missionaries and even brought an "investigator." Very nostalgic.
Then a tuttut and a lancha across the lago Atitlan. We could actually see the volcanos today! there was a much lighter haze. Johnny was right, one of the most beautiful areas in the world!
Then it was adventure time in Panajachel. The nature preserve provided an amazing hike by the monkeys across 7 hanging bridges (strong wood Indy! or Light as a feather) to 7 crazy ziplines!!!!!!!!!
Cables extremos!!!!!!
Go Sarah Go!!
Rope fun at the end.
Poor poor Megan spent the day in the Casablanca with bad guts. Sorry you missed it friend! 
We missed you. 
Now back to work!

No comments: