Sunday, November 16, 2008

Balloons, Babies and Neil Diamond

So, it has finally come to this. I should just get the Depends out now, because there is no turning back. I am officially the big 3-0. Thirty! This wasn't supposed to happen to me! I've already called Bea Arthur and I made the cut to become an official Golden Girl. Yippee.
There was no way around this horrific event, but surprisingly, there was no depression and renting of clothes like I thought there would be. In fact, thanks to my wonderful husband and sweet girls and the newly arrived darling Max, it was my favorite birthday ever, REALLY.
It started early, Max was to distract me in my bedroom while the others got everything ready. Zoe would come in every few minutes just to say in her adorable 2 year old voice, "Happy Birthday, Mommy!" and give me a hug. Finally I got to come downstairs, to be greeted with an entire house FULL of balloons! 30 exactly. Each color with signifigance. And a huge signs designed and decorated by the biggest up and coming artists, Zoe and Ella. An enormous breakfast of M&M waffles, eggs and bacon and sausage. Ella had been so excited and told Andy that they had to dress in their best clothes for the "party." so they all were! Max is just over a week old, so I wasn't up to doing a whole lot, so we partied at home. Andy knows me so well and always puts a lot of thought into my birthday presents, and he surprised me with a 30th edition of The Princess Bride ( I highly recommend reading it, it's even better than the movie.) AND tickets to Neil Diamond! I am so stinking excited! My parents and grandparents and sisters family came over for cake and ice cream that night, and it was so nice to sit and visit and feel normal for the first time in 10 days. I know it doesn't sound super exciting, but it was so wonderful and Andy knew exactly what I needed.


So, a side note away from the birthday mumbo jumbo, my beautiful baby is 10 days old already. Why can't they stay little for just one second, seriously? He finally is off of the bili lights, after 6 days. It was no fun at all, but I am so greatful he is getting better! I just wanted to show off how he gets cuter everyday!

2 comments:

Alicia said...

Happy happy Birthday Sarah! It looks like you did have a great day!
Your little Max is so beautiful! I love that picture. We will have to meet him sometime in the near future!

Amanda C said...

Sarah, your family is so amazing. I haven't seen you for YEARS! Send me your email and I will send you an invite to my blog. I would love to catch up.

-Amanda Hortin now Cluff
aacluff@gmail.com