Friday, July 10, 2009

Return Service Requested

I am sending a request out to one and all,....I am desperate for a good book! If you know me at all you know I have to be reading one, two or three books at a time and I am sick of reading through my collection for the 200th time. ( I have to read myself to sleep, or...I just don't sleep.) Yes, of course I go to the library, but what to pick? I want everyone who reads this to give me ideas, please please please. Any genre, any author, any length, whatever. (Just no Tom Clancy, I hate Tom Clancy.) My sleep depends on you...

6 comments:

Ruthie said...

I'm fond on the Jack Reacher series by Lee Child. There are 13 books in the series, and I think I've read all but one. His books are always a good read. Check out his website http://www.leechild.com/books.php for more info. I'll try to think of some other books/authors for you. Good luck!

H Yoho said...

Two that I have just read lately that I thought were funny/good light reads: Austenland by Shannon Hale (great if you are a Jane Austen fan) and The Gurnsey Literary and Potatoe Peel Pie Society...forgot who it's by. My book club just read Same Kind of Different as Me...good one.

Good luck, and sweet dreams.

Melissa said...

how about "hunt for red october"?
:) or maybe :( ?

camille said...

have you read any Dan Brown books? I have 4 of them. I also have some Harlan Coben books, Mary Higgins Clark books....just come over!

Amanda C said...

I love Debbie Macomber Blossom Street Series. But I am starting to read some of her other series. Not hard books to read, but perfect to read, entertain, and wind down at the end of an evening.

The Chris Tippets Family said...

O.k. so my favorite book of all time is Exodus by Leon Uris. It's really long but amazing.

The real reason I need to talk to ya'll is because Colter broke my phone and I have lost everyone's phone #. If one of you could call me and give me your #'s that would help out. Also, I ran into Nate and Julie Karen today cuz apparently they live sorta by us and they want to get together and have a barbeque. If this sounds like something ya'll wanna do give me a ring.