Monday, July 20, 2009

Should I Be Flattered?

Poo. Yeah, that's right. I said it. In fact, I say it a lot. It seems like every aspect of my life seems to revolve around it. Being parents of young children, and albeit incredibly immature, it seems to be one of our main dinner conversation topics. "Hey, Max had blueberries today so guess who had purple poo?" Color, consistency, time delay, whatever. It's all up for grabs. And, as a nurse, my job deals with every imaginable body substance, poo being one of the least disgusting. So yesterday at work I am cleaning this "stuff" up for the fourth time, and... (I'm sorry, but details are necessary right now) and since it is from a patient in a C-collar,who can't move and with tons of equipment, it was an especially complicated procedure. Half way through, the nurse helping me says, "You're really good at this."......Ooookay? Should I be flattered? Sure, why not. It is after all my expertise. Some people excel in sports, music, poetry. Me, my talent is poo clean up. So, after a day full it, you have one guess to what Max greeted me with when I got home! I'll tell you one thing, it wasn't roses.

Hey, sorry for all the "POTTY" humor!......(Wow. I'm hilarious.)

2 comments:

The Chris Tippets Family said...

You crack me up. Feel free to come clean up one of Colter's poopy diapers. We miss you guys; I hope we get to see you soon.

camille said...

that EXACT reason why I do MRI and not nursing....I see my patient for 45 minutes, he makes a mess of himself....we send him back to you guys! I'm happy there are people like you who can handle it! But I have done a little clean up myself when it happens in my SCANNER!!!