Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Ah La Peanut Butter Sandwiches!!

So, I used to be able to do stuff. And I don't just mean jumping on a trampoline without peeing my pants kind of stuff. I love my children so much, but I am quickly finding myself lost in a world of sticky fingers and runny noses, with dirt and other stuff between their toes-es. Again, to clarify, as much as I love the sticky stuff, I want to know where I lost my other passions along the way. Cause, beleive it or not, I was awesome. Oh yeah. I won't get into the long list of my awesomeness, so as not to intimidate, but I miss that stuff! And I was funny! As impossible as that might be to imagine, I remember being funny! And passionate and exciting and spontaneous. All adjectives that have been lost in my self made definition of "mom". Why? Why did I let them go, and can I get them back? I would not trade one second of my time with any of my kids for anything (okay, lets be honest. I would trade some of the potty training seconds for a peanut butter sandwich. And I hate peanut butter sandwiches) but I want them to know that their mom is not always a red eyed banshee who can do other things besides yell "Stop doing that." I want to mesh who I am with who I was. Is that even possible? Or would it just make one ugly, mushy peanut buttery sandwich. I could handle that, like I said, I love the sticky stuff.

4 comments:

Ruthie said...

Your awesomeness is still there! I bet you're probably just channeling it into being an awesome mommy right now. Eventually our kids will learn to pick their own toe jam and wipe their own butts!

Alicia said...

I know what you mean, but you have more years on me of being a mom so you probably feel it even more. I would love time to be creative again, but find that I don't have the brain power, even if I did have the energy!
By the way, I didn't know you before, but I think you are awesomely awesome now!

The Chris Tippets Family said...

I feel that way too! I'm glad that I am not the only one who feels "mommy tired" sometimes. You are doing a great job. I love your cute kids.

The funny thing for me is that I always want a break from being a mom, but when I'm away I want to get back cause I miss them.

Amanda C said...

I think you are still awesome! Being a great mother is a feat and your hobbies will come back. :)