Sunday, March 15, 2009

Blessings and Birthdays

We had quite the day at our house last Saturday. First of all, Zoe became an official "big girl" by turning the ripe old age of three! It was something she has been so excited about, but that I have been dreading for 365 days. Can't they stay little for just one second!!?? But we also took that day to bless Max. I really liked doing it on a Saturday in our home, it felt more relaxing but the Spirit was still strong and it was a wonderful feeling to have all those preisthood holders in our home. There were fifteen men in our baby's circle! And a total of 53, yes 53! people in our house. And that was immediate family only. (So please don't feel bad if you are reading this and we didn't invite you!) Amazingly, it was very nice. Not chaotic or too overwhelming, it was perfect! We tried really hard not to take away from Zoe's birthday, so she basically had a party with 18 cousins. Plus, hallelujah, I couldn't have asked for a prettier day. So I will use this page to thank everyone that came and helped with food and for helping to make such a special day for our family.












Four Generations! My grandma, Anna Backus, Max, me and my mom, Carol Beardall


Digging into one of many cupcakes.







So, I think Zoe may have had a big day. She fell sound asleep in the middle of her second bite of dinner. It's still in her mouth!


I loved this picture. Earl and Anna Backus, my grandparents and my niece Teagan and Max. It isn't too often you can catch my grandpa smiling for a picture.




Many of you may know how beautifully the Avery family sings. Well, birthday's are an exception. They sing as AWFUL as possible. I don't know why! And, how kind of him, Andy has passed this tradition on to my family. So here are both families singing "Happy Birthday" for all to experience!





Max with cuz, Shamri, the best babysitter ever!


Just a couple candid shots of the crowd!

Thanks again!

3 comments:

camille said...

so funny...the Turner's sing as horrible as possible for the "Happy Birthday" song too. It must be a thing with monstrous families (don't know if I told you Jonny has 11 bros/sis).

Ruthie said...

You had one busy weekend woman! Happy 3rd Birthday Zoe! Hope you had lots of fun beautiful BIG GIRL!

Nope our kids don't have quite the same birthday. The boys were born on the 13th.

Great post Sarah!

Amanda C said...

What a special day! I am glad it was exactly what you wanted.