Saturday, April 11, 2009

Beautiful Disaster Averted

Zoe screams bloody murder at the suggestion of sitting in a sled. Even to be pulled along the yard, no hills involved. So you can imagine my hesitancy when Andy suggested taking her skiing. I figured a "beautiful disaster" would be inevitable. I am still reeling from the shock of her absolutely loving it! Max and I sat warmly in the lodge at Deer Valley last Wednesday and watched as time and again Ella came zooming down (completely on her own) and Zoe followed, with her dad and a huge smile on her face, and wanting to go again and again. My kids are so much braver than I ever have been. What I wouldn't given for some of that fearlessness. Of course, when it comes time for them to drive, that very fearlessness better disappear quick!




Taking a granola bar break. They were hot from all that exercise!

That's Ella riding by herself in the background. Pretty, hu?

2 comments:

camille said...

jealous, jealous! I want Caroline to learn to ski so bad....Jonny is a little more interested in teaching her to water ski...do your girl water ski too????

Alicia said...

They are a lot braver than I am too! That is awesome they both did so well. I am sure Andy just loves it!