Thursday, April 23, 2009

El Jardin, Part I

When we were trying to find a new house, Andy asked me what I HAD to have in a home. One of the top items was a place for a large garden. So here he is, making my dream a reality. And I just want to say, who knew a minivan could hold 8 rail roads ties?

Last fall, the grass was cleared away. You can't tell, but it's on a pretty steep hill.


After many hours of measurements and cutting of the ties, it's starting to look like a garden. He has to stack the ties higher down low to compensate for the hill. What a pain.
.
The border is not quite done, but we have to get the dirt we bought into the garden before it rains.

Who knew a pile of dirt could be so sexy? And I may or may not have forgotten it was there as I backed out of the driveway. (Hence the tire marks.) Oops!

To be continued.....


2 comments:

Amanda C said...

You are going to have so much fun! I am doing my first garden this year. I have yet to see if I am acutally going to grow anything. But just the process itself is a lot of fun.

Alicia said...

EXCITING! I would LOVE a big garden to plant tomatoes, carrots and squash! What are you going to plant?