Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Las Vegas Showdown at Sundown

As a spectator of triathlons, there is a lot of sitting around time. The actual time spent cheering on my athlete is about 30 seconds x 3. That makes for few pictures of Andy, and a lot of pictures of us hanging around. I hope Andy understands!

This past weekend the race was an Ironman 70.3 distance. The weather was beautiful, but pretty windy. The green grass made my mouth water, I had been so hungry for it for so long! Andy's brother, Matt and wife Nicki came to be MY support crew, and saved me from the grueling 6 hour wait. We passed the time feeding kids and criticizing the horribly organized race. (How can you not have water or people at an aide station, seriously!) It was a fun trip, and a good practice race for THE big one coming up. Stay tuned....


This is MY support crew, I honestly couldn't have made it without them. Thanks guys! (Andy probably appreciated it too.)
Can't miss that baby blue anywhere.
Matt helping keep Andy going, good pacers are hard to come by. This is about 68 miles into the race. 3 to go!

3 comments:

Emily Wright said...

He's like a superhero junky. Andy's making me look like a slouch! ;)

Matt Avery said...

You eat grass?

Missy said...

Oh sweet green grass........how I miss you.....