Saturday, March 13, 2010

There's One More 4 Year Old In The World

It's strange to say this, but it feels like Zoe was three for a long time. That's because, by about 18 months old she could carry on a conversation as well as any three year old and has been trying to constantly keep up with her older sister ever since. But, as much as she has been promising me that she would stay three forever, it has come to an end and my baby girl is now the ripe old age of four. I made the mistake of informing her that she was born at night and "wasn't really 4 yet!" jokingly. She took it in all seriousness and informed everyone, all day long, "It's my birthday, but I'm still three!" That makes for very confused friends and teachers.

I love my little 4 year old so much. She is the sweetest, funniest, smartest little cookie around. The highlight of my day is her goodnight hugs. They are so tight it almost hurts and then she kisses, kisses, kisses until I have to make her stop so she can sleep. I love you this much, Zoe, to the moon and back! Birthday morning, not four quite yet!
Taking candles out of the cake. Trust me, our saliva covered candles are never recycled on other cakes....that I know of.
Cutting into another wonderful culinary creation of mine. She doesn't care, it's pink and that's all that matters.

4 comments:

Immediately said...

We're pals, right?

Ruthie said...

Happy Birthday #4 Zoe! You're one awesome little lady who has an amazing Mommy!

Missy said...

So cute! I can't believe she is just turning 4! Shelby thinks she is her age! We adore Zoe at our place! Happy Birthday girl!

Melissa said...

Happy birthday Zoe!!! Kate and I were looking at cousin pictures on your blog and Kate insists that she was born before Zoe. When that girl gets something in her head, there's no convincing her otherwise... I wonder where she gets that from because it's certainly not genetic...