Sunday, July 17, 2011

Birthdays and Baptisms

March is always such a busy month around here. I love that our girls birthdays are so close together, because that way noone can get jealous. We just say, "Don't worry, your birthday is next week." Or "You just had a birthday, remember."

Zoe turned 5 this year! Here she is at her birthday breakfast. I always had to wait until the evening for my presents, I don't know how we got into this "breakfast" tradition, but there it is.
Zoe had never had a "friend" birthday party before and she had only one thing on her mind for it....Kangaroo Zoo. There was no changing her mind, and believe me, I tried. She was in heaven when her friends started to arrive. Here we have Jakey, Caroline, Sydney, Emmy, Zoe, Chloe and Max.


Ella has one obsession this year, Harry Potter. Everything she talks about has to do with HP. Every thing she plays with her friends, her piano music, and it's the only thing she reads lately. She is on the 5th book, and I can't believe how well she reads them. I'll find her in her room after I've put her to bed, with her eyes wide open, gripping her covers, shaking with fear saying, "Harry and Ron are being chased by giant spiders!" Then 5 minutes later she'll come ask me if she can read in bed because she can't wait to find out what happens. She knew for months that she wanted a Harry Potter movie night for her party. I had no idea she had told her friends to dress up until a little Ginny, Harry, Trelawney, another Harry and another started to show up at the door. Ella, herself, was Hermione of course.
The sorting had put them all in Gryffindor, or course. Here they are in the Great Hall with the floating candle. Ella, Brooke, Sammie, Brielle, Rebekah, Karissa, Peyton, Liam and Zoe.

Baptisms
My beautiful girl turned eight this year. She has been so excited and so prepared for her baptism for a very long time. I tend to get a little stressed over planning big events, but this went perfectly. She got baptized the same time as one of her buddies and nex door neighbor, Liam.
Her cousin, Brandon, shared the day with Ella. He was baptized that morning in Lehi, then the whole Avery crew trucked over the Heber City for Ella's. Both baptisms were beautiful. They are so lucky to have such a big, loving family.
My wonderful girl and her dad. I've never seen her as happy as she was that day. Her whole body just glowed all day. I love you so much, Ella!

1 comment:

The Balch Family said...

What a fun month! You definitely kept my kids entertained! Love love love your girls!!