Saturday, July 16, 2011

Ten Years, Baby!


Snorkel Faces are very photogenic!


May 11th, 2001! That was the beginning for Andy and I! And I think ever since then we have been dreaming of going to Hawaii together, and this year was the year. We headed out for Maui, just the two of us and had a truly perfect vacation. We stayed in a little sugar cane plantation town called Haiku. It was gorgeous but also very much off the beaten path, which is just our style.

I think we will both agree that one of our favorite things we did was this run in the Molowki Forest. It was a 6 mile loop, and after every sing turn the scenery would completely change, from fern covered grounds to dark shadowy pines blocking out the light, to these tall eucalyptis trees. It was unreal, and a perfect run.



A very cool snorkeling spot, even though there was no sand. We hiked through the jungle, swinging on vines and then came to this perfect little cove.


Snorkeling at Molokini was okay, but what was really great was the huge pod of dolphins we saw. No swimming with them though. Next time.


What is this plant? Somebody tell me! A botanical garden on the road to Hana.


Cliff diving at the Seven Sacred Pools at the end of the Road to Hana. Yes, he's wearing a speedo.

Our last night at Mama's Fish House. Although, I could never forget the red snapper in Haiku, probably the best food I've ever tasted. The whole trip was completely amazing. I love you, Andy, and can't wait for the next 10 years!

2 comments:

Ruthie said...

This post made me so happy! Congrats on 10 years and cheers to all those still to come! I'm so glad you both got away to Hawaii....how fun!

The Balch Family said...

Oh man. Oh man. I have to go to Hawaii. I am so jealous right now.