Sunday, July 17, 2011

My Foxy Good Time

I can't believe I have never ran the Ragnar Relay before. It seems like it has been apart of our lives in the Avery house for so long! So this year, Andy wasn't the only one gone for two days, running, sweating, laughing and definitely NOT sleeping. I did the race with an all girl group of friends, some from the neighborhood, some new friends we met just for this race. It really was as fun as you hear about! Here are the girls in Van 2: Laura, Chloe, Amy, Camille, Christie, and myself along with our every faithful driver, Jonny. In case you can't tell, we were the "Foxes in Soxes" with our little fox tails and ears, we truly were the cutest team out there!
Why, oh why, would I put such an unflattering picture of myself on here? Because this is the face of someone who can't believe how fast they just ran. I ran 4.2 miles in 31 minutes thank you very much. It was awesome.

The scenery and places we went for this race were absolutely gorgeous. I've never been to Liberty or Eden but I now want to live there. This pic is the road going up to Snow Basin Resort.

Being in Van 2, our second legs STARTED at about 1:30 a.m. Did we attempt to sleep before our nighttime runs? Yes. Did we succeed? No. Especially since I was waiting to see Andy coming in at this exchange.
So the teams are usually 12 man teams. Here is Andy, finished with his part of a 4 man team. 4 only. And they each ran their sections straight. That means, Andy just ran 49 miles straight. In that outfit. There are flashing Christmas lights on the vest to add to the effect. (P.S. He's Lloyd Christmas. P.S.S. From Dumb and Dumber.)

My night run was crazy. It was 10.1 miles at 3:00 a.m. and I ran it way too fast. I got so sick, I wasn't expecting that. Here I am, not straying too far from the HoneyBuckets, when Andy surprised us with a visit.

My only regret, not getting a photo of the entire team, this is the closest we got: Krystal, Jessica, Becky, Camille, Christie, Chloe, Sarah, Kandice, Lara, Trisha

With a sick runner, Camille volunteered to step up and run Guardsmans Pass last minute. Here's Jonny making sure she doesn't collapse after her ascent into the clouds.

Together we did it! We conquered Guardsmans'! Camille the first half, me the second. I can say now it wasn't as bad as I thought. I don't think I would've said it then.

The finish line!!! We had people right and left telling us throughout the race that they loved our team, can you blame them. Look how adorable we are. Go you Foxy Ladies. Now lets eat some pizza!

3 comments:

Amanda C said...

Holy cow all I can say is YOU ROCK!!!

Missy said...

Looks like yall had so much fun! I wish I could have ran with you. Miss you cute gals!

The Balch Family said...

So much fun!!! Thanks for being the best team captain ever!