Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Ella Cherie Avery

I wanted to sit down and write up a post on each of our beautiful kids, and I'm going to start with my sweet Ella, share some of my favorite pictures (which I had to painfully edit because there were so many!)and tell all about her. This will be long, but it is more for me and for Ella to look back on.
Ella was so beautiful, with wide staring eyes and her bald head (that remained that way until she was almost two!) She was crawling at 8 months old and walking before 10 months, and I can't remember a time when she wasn't talking. I think one of her first words was "alright" because that was her answer to everything. The OCD kicked in early. Before she was even a year old she was lining her stuffed animals up in a perfect lines, biggest to smallest and would freak out if you moved them. That hasn't changed much. She wasn't into princess stuff like other little girls, she was obsessed with Dorothy from "The Wizard of Oz." I think she wore her Dorothy costume for a whole year straight, and she was Dorothy for Halloween three years in a row. Oh, she is so smart! She finished Learning Dynamics Preschools' entire reading program in 4 months and is now reading 2nd grade level books. She did her masters thesis on the effects of fossil fuels on our economy and is up for this years Nobel Prize in physics. Keep your fingers crossed! I know every mother says this, but she is so good at everything she does. She took tap and a little ballet and was so good at it, keeps right with the rhythm, does all the steps, but she doesn't like it. She likes gymnastics, mostly the "balance beam". She gets so excited to go camping, just mention it to her and she starts jabbering and telling us everything we are going to need. The same thing with skiing. She is generally a quiet, thoughtful girl, but when it is something she really loves she doesn't stop talking! I started teaching her piano and she picked it up instantly, knows all the key names and could read quite a few notes, but when I had Max the lessons stopped. We'll start over again soon. What she is really great at is writing. She writes books, writes the story and several pages with illustrations for each one. Gives it a title page and staples them together. They're usually about 5-7 pages long and so cute. A few titles are "Sally wants some Cheese-its", "Jessica the Sleepy Little Girl", and my favorite, "The Unicorn and the Horse." She has no help with spelling or ideas at all. What did I say? Genius! She is the sweetest child, always telling people she loves them, taking such good care of her baby sister and brother. She is so responsible and serious sometimes that I worry she will forget to have fun. I guess that's not really possible with Andy as her dad! I love her so much and am so proud that she is mine!








5 comments:

The Chris Tippets Family said...

She is growing up in to such a pretty little thing. When I first met you guys, she was still just a toddler. She is such a cute little stink.

Pam said...

She is everything you say. I also love her. I think we might all be a little lucky here. Thanks for writing this.

SabriIsabel said...

Me emocioné al leer cuanto amás a Ella,aunque no se ingles pude ver lo enamorada que estas de ella.Yo tambien adoraba a Doryta(Dorothy)!!!!
Andy estuvo en casa y aprendimos a quererlo y ese cariño ahora se extiende a su Hermosa Familia!
Te invito a pasar por el Blog de Nachito http://nachitomecuenta.blogspot.com/
Es mi hijo diagnosticado con Trastorno del Espectro Autista.
SAludos a Andy y a cada una de esas bellezas!

Alicia said...

Oh my heck! Did you know Ella and I have the SAME MIDDLE NAME!? Weird! Never met anyone else with Cherie as a name. :) I love all the pics of her. She is such a beautiful and smart girl!

Amanda C said...

She is beautiful and looks so much like you!