Sunday, February 22, 2009

Happy Birthday, Andy!!!

It's Andy's birthday, shout hurray! He is the big 3-2, and my oh my, the years have been kind. So the girls helped me put together a list of the top 32 reasons why our dad, husband, personal gymnasium, personal coach and best friend is the absolute best:

32. He takes all of the garbages out as soon as they're full!
31. His stories are always super funny. (Ella)
30. He makes the best "bskedy".
29. His piggy back rides are the funnest. (Ella)
28. Because of the way he looks in his firefighter uniform!!!! (Me)
27. Because I love him so much! (Zoe)
26. He is the smartest person I have ever met, he is my own personl PDR.
25. He bought nipple diapers (nursing pads) for me without me even telling him I was out, he just knew!
24. He read the first chapter of "Twilight" when I asked him to, just so I'd have someone to talk about it with. (That's love!)
23. He remembers every birthday of every person he ever met. If you are reading this, guaranteed on your birthday he says to me, "Hey, its so-and-so's birthday today."
22. For randomly starting dinner without me even asking him to.
21. For emptying the dishwasher when its clean.
20. He changes dirty diapers without blinking an eye.
19. Have you seen his arms?
18. For being able to play the guitar and sing.....swoon!
17. For being so strong.
16. For being so gentle.
15. He is so romantic and doesn't ever need a reason.
14. He wasn't mad when I scratched our 3 day old car!
13. For walking the dog in the middle of the night in below zero weather.
12. He gets so excited about putting up Christmas lights, and it always looks awesome.
11. He makes a wonderful "king" and is always ready to waltz with Zoe the princess.
10. He never hesitates to jump up and play whenever and whatever the girls want him to.
9. For telling me I'm beautiful at 8 in the morning when I'm in my robe with lines still on my face from my pillow.
8. He remembers all my favorite foods, flowers, movies, songs...everything.
7. For actually being excited about taking three girls camping.
6. He makes banana pancakes for us!
5. For his strong testimony and love of the gospel.
4. He always includes us in his plans for his triathlons.
3. For always being willing to get up with the baby at 1:30 a.m. (or 3:00 a.m. or 4:00 a.m. or 5:00 a.m. .......)
2. His family comes first over everything, and we know how much he loves us.
1. Because he's my best friend! (Ella) Me too! He's mine! (Zoe) Me too! (Me) Ahhoooow (Translates to "mine too" from Max).
I love you, Beary-bay! You really are the greatest everything and we are so lucky to have you. I hope you have a wonderful birthday!

2 comments:

The Chris Tippets Family said...

That was so sweet Sarah and taking out the garbage before it is full would top my list. haha! He is a great guy and dad. Happy Birthday Andy.

And by the way, Colter did not get sick from coming to your house. He got sick more then a week later.

Alicia said...

Happy Belated Birthday Andy! You are an awesome guy! We love you guys and would love to get together again soon. It was fun coming out to your house! Maybe we could do it on a Saturday so we could start earlier?