Thursday, February 5, 2009

Zoe Anne Avery


Oh, my blue eyed trouble maker, what did we ever do without her? Our little Zoe is a two year old like no other. She came into this world on her own terms, and she has definitely kept it that way! For those who don't know, Zoe was born frank breach, which at the time was really scary, but now we know, it was just because she wanted to do things her own way . It took quite a few months for her legs to come down from her face because of this, but hey, she'll be a great gymnist because of it, right? She was so chubby, with oodles of rolls and a perfectly round face. She had this skiff of blond hair that stood straight up so Ella called her "Fuzzy Headed Goose." Weird, but so dang cute. Sometimes, the second child is more quiet, lets the older sibling speak for them, etc. Not in her case. We had another mover and a shaker. She walked at 9 months and was carrying on conversations at 18 months. People constantly would ask, "How OLD is she?" when she would walk up to them and start jabbering. They still ask that because it hasn't stopped, her words have just gotten bigger. Her current phrase is..."It's possible." Yes, she is only two. She has constantly been keeping up with Ella, and doing a mighty fine job. And she loves her older sister so much, she cried harder than I did when Ella went to Kindergarten. She is another devoted animal lover, and even as a baby, was so gentle. She would and does speak softly to them and pet sweetly. Never grabbed cats tails or anything like that. As you can see from the picture, she loves her dog, Fezzik. She is the most imaginative child I have ever met. And oh so talented...did you know she has the ability to morph from a butterfly to a mermaid to Dora in a matter of seconds? Let's see you do that! She also speaks fluent "kitty." She is always telling stories and here is one for you to play and experience, although it really issomething to see in person :) Sheloves to go on adventures. This is a common conversation, "Mom, Ella won't go on an adventure with me." "Ella, go on an adventure with Zoe." She is the sweetest thing. "Mommy, I LOVE you! I do! Do you love me?" And she has the best hugs you have ever experienced, honestly. You have to have one of these hugs. Full body around the neck as hard as she can sqeeze to show you all that love, and ALWAYS accompanies it with a huge kiss, boogery nose or not (I'm sorry about that Andrea!) I hope my hugs show her how much I love her, the way hers do. Just looking at this little girl makes my heart burst with how lucky we are! I LOVE you Zoe, I do!





































4 comments:

The Chris Tippets Family said...

She is such a cutie; we really bonded the other night (goobers and all). I really enjoyed hanging out with her. I want to come over again just so I can hang out with her. I'm still smiling about how cute she is.

Pam said...

I love that little wonder girl. Tell her again for me.

Happy Valentine's Day to the Heber Averys!

camille said...

I love that she and Caroline are friends and after reading that....they will either be really good friends or at each other's throats because apparently they are SO MUCH ALIKE!

Amanda C said...

She is adorable!