Friday, November 20, 2009

Florida 140.6

What It Was All For

Just to give some perspective, this picture was taken from half a mile away on our balcony. It is the starting line of the big race! That crowd itself is probably a half mile long. AND, they all started at once. It was insane to see!

I feel horrible I didn't get many pictures of the race. But look how good Andy looks! He's smiling that big when he's just finished a 2.4 mile swim and 112 mile bike and is starting his marathon! He even stopped to give us each a kiss as he ran by here. The entire crowd said, "Awwwww." :)

10 hours and 26 minutes! He did so awesome. Andy, I'm so proud of you! Thank you so much to Matt and Laura for helping me know where he was with your texts. You saved me.

Max and his medal. He did the race too.
I can't believe how good he was feeling when it was all done.


I know videos aren't the funnest to watch, but if you feel like it and can get past the crappy camera work...Just look at the crowds! It was like that everywhere, we couldn't move without stepping on people. By the end of the day I stopped apologizing when I hit people with my stroller.

2 comments:

Ruthie said...

I'm in awe of anyone that participates in marathons...and the Iron Man!?! Andy, you're awesome! Sarah, you and your kids are pretty awesome too! I can only imagine how difficult it was to maneuver through the crowds. What a super cool family you all are!

The Chris Tippets Family said...

Yay for Andy. We are proud of you. Sarah, I don't think I could handle the kids for all that time. You deserve a ribbon for that one. I'm jealous of your trip to Florida. Hope to see you guys soon!