Thursday, November 19, 2009

Max Turns One!

I think that the first year is the hardest but also goes by the fastest! Now he is walking and making up his own words (says "hi" clearly) and teasing his sisters and begging for airplane rides from his dad and always smiling with twinkling eyes (they really do twinkle!) but even though he is so much fun now, it makes my heart hurt that he is isn't my chubby little baby anymore.

His birthday was the day before the big race, so we were very chill. At the time we were in Panama City. He spent some time at the beach, which he loved, ate lunch on a pier, opened paper-towel-wrapped presents, and ate chocolate cake to his hearts content. It was different not being at home, but it will be very memorable, for us if not for him! We love you, Max!!!
Not too many presents, we couldn't pack them home! But he did get his first pair of shoes and it was fun watching him learn how to walk all over again.

We didn't have a high chair so he ate in his stroller while I held his plate for him. He's patiently waiting for more.




3 comments:

camille said...

I haven't been able to stop laughing at the picture of chocolate covered MAX! So stinking cute! And I think Andy is awesome...I totally got teary reading that post about his race. I'm really bummed that I didn't read his blog post about following his race until the day after the race:(

Ruthie said...

That first year goes by too fast! I've really enjoyed watching all his milestones this past year through your blog! Happy 1st Birthday Max!

The Chris Tippets Family said...

I can't believe he has already turned one. It looks like he enjoyed the cake.