Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Good Bye Florida! Hello 27 Degree Utah!

We're home! Birthdays, Races, Disney, Beaches...I can't believe so much happened in two weeks. Here are a few cute quotes and things I want to remember from the last vacation we'll ever take:

*Zoe to Ella, "I assume Max is excited for Disneyworld." Assume???
*The feel of Panama City Beach sand, like walking on powdered sugar.
*My baby boy's first birthday!!!
*Seeing Andy cross the finish line!
*Zoe and Ella's screams of pure joy riding "Thunder Mountain" during the fifth time.
*Teenage girl to dad and brother, "Indians aren't real. They're extinct... like the dinosaurs." Whaaat!
*Petting, not just touching, a dolphin!!!!!
*Zoe waving to every single "child" on "it's a small world."
*Seeing people scramble as a hurricane rolled in.
*Wheeling and dealing with the scalpers for tickets...that was all Andy. "You pullin' my leg??"
*Mob boss getting mad at Andy because he can't give him directions, "You ask me about where I live, I tell you everything!" Italian hand gestures included.
*The size of the waves on Cocoa Beach! Holy cow!
*The girls faces when they met "the princesses".
*Watching Disneyworld's and Epcot's firework show every single night from our balcony.
*Building an eternal bond with our GPS girl, which Zoe fondly named Helena.

Things that I definitely could have done without this trip:

~The plane ride there!
~Maneuvering my giant stroller through sand and crowds for 10 hours during Andy's race.
~Carrying a 30 lb baby and a 40 lb diaper bag for an hour through Disneyworld in a complete down pour of rain while I looked for Andy and my stroller. (I've never been so wet.)
~Being treated like a terrorist while doing the above by a Nazi Disney employee because I dared try to stay past 7 p.m. and was forced to leave the park without either husband or stroller. And yes, it was still raining.
~Dirty Dick's Crab House.
~My birthday
And most importantly...
~ The plane ride home. Thanks anyway "Doctor" Maria.

So, I'll be archiving our pictures and adventures over the next few blogs. There will be a lot of pictures and stories to tell. Try to keep up, will you?

Zoe digging the beach but not the water. She would wade but not much else.
Max was the opposite. He was diving in face first and cried any time we tried to save his life.



The view from our place in Panama City. Can you believe it????


4 comments:

The Balch Family said...

Oh my gosh. I am so so soooo jealous! Oh, and Brielle is even more jealous that Ella lost another tooth. Can't wait to read more about it!! (the trip, not necessarily the tooth)

Ruthie said...

This is the time of year I miss FL the most. I totally forgot you were going there. I can sympathize with the flight there and back! Can't wait to hear more about your trip. I forgot Max was turning 1 this month...Happy 1st Birthday Max!

camille said...

um, you actually WENT to a place called "Dirty Dick's"????? Enough said!

Andy said...

We'd just gotten into town. It was close. Everyone was hungry. My apologies to my family, my stomach, and anyone disappointed that I didn't bring them a T shirt from there.