Sunday, November 29, 2009

In The Spirit of Christmas...

As Andy and I went to get a Christmas tree, we decided to nail down the top worst/most annoying Christmas songs...

1. "Mary Did You Know?" Of course she knew! The angel told her right to her face!
2. "Christmas Shoes" This could be a tie for first.
3. John Lennon's "So This is Christmas."
4. Bruce Springstein's "Santa Claus is Coming to Town." We counted...he says it 27 times in a row!!! Not cool, Boss.
5. Beach Boys, "Little Saint Nick."
6. Elvis' "I'll Have a Blue Christmas." (But not Willy Nielsons' version.)
7. The Mormon "12 Days of Christmas".
8. Mariah Carey's "All I Want for Christmas Is You."
9. "Santa Baby" Andy hates this song.
10.... Well, what's left?

2 comments:

camille said...

uh, maybe we can't be friends anymore....FOUR of those are my favorite songs and I WILL be serenading you guys UNTIL Christmas now! But I do hate the Christmas shoes song....

Matt Avery said...

Last Christmas - Wham. What the *&^% does it even have to do with Christmas? Yet, we only hear it between Thanksgiving and Christmas.